Let your property on favourable terms and bring a refugee family to safety.
We urgently need more homes available to rent.
Why we need your help
As a new refugee crisis unfolds in Ukraine, thousands of Afghan families remain stuck in bridging hotels across the UK.
Three Afghan and six Syrian families have resettled in Richmond to date, but with long waiting lists for social housing the Council can only accept other refugees if private-let homes are found for them.
We have worked with Richmond Council to develop a package of benefits for landlords participating in the scheme:
- Rent up to £1,400pcm payable direct to landlord through housing benefit.
- Standard AST agreement with break clause after two years.
- Incentive payment upfront (£2,000 – £3,500 size-dependent).
- Six weeks rent in advance.
- Rent and council tax paid from date property becomes available.
- Up to £460 towards insurance costs.
- Help with furnishing if required.
- No obligations towards tenants beyond normal property maintenance.
If you think you can help, please contact us here or the Richmond Council Resettlement Team.
Read about the full package here, or share our promotional flier below.
Share our promotional flier