7 years have flown by since we were founded on 1st November 2015.
Here’s some of what we’ve achieved…
10 families befriended from Afghanistan, Egypt, Syria, and Yemen.
6 Syrian families brought to safety.
4 Afghan family welcomed so far.
52 total refugees supported:
13 private-let homes found for refugee families.
2 homes furnished from scratch through donations.
150+ food parcels delivered since 2020.
6 laptops provided during lockdown to school children.
1 school bursary place obtained.
11 community events held to promote integration:
3 pantomime trips.
3 Christmas parties.
4 Summer picnics.
1 Spring party.
Other ways we’ve helped so far
- funding treatment for dental emergencies.
- escorting families on dental and hospital appointments.
- arranging supplementary physiotherapy for a torture survivor.
- providing one-to-one language support for at least one person in each family.
- arranging sessions for children at organised summer holiday activities.
- sourcing school uniforms.
- arranging free legal advice.
- escorting adults to the Citizens Advice Bureau.
- helping adults to complete applications for training.
- funding tools for helping dad return to work.
- funding kit and clothes for hairdressing classes.
- sourcing bikes and buggies for children.
- providing families with vacuum cleaners and a cooker.
- sourcing replacement beds and bunk beds.
- giving Christmas and Eid gifts.